Wednesday, May 7, 2008

ch-ch-changes

everything is changing here. I am sure most of you have noticed.
People in relationships, people having babies, people having more babies... and more babies.


I am not doing any of these right now. And that is ok. I am excited for where the Lord has me now! It is has been awesome watching friends go through this. And remembering that those seasons aren't better than the one I am in. Just different. This season is a gift from the Lord as well


For example while in Ca, I talked to Anne on the phone.

At that moment she was shopping for fabric... for... something. I don't know what. Curtains? Maybe.

She was talking about being at Mary Jo's with Lizzy, and Lizzy shopped for fabric for the crib bumper.

"Oh... fun!" I said "that sounds cute. I am currently in San Diego on my way to the beach where I will play for most of the day. Then I am going out to eat and then WHO KNOWS!"


I wasn't saying that to be a total snot (just a partial one) but to remind myself of how sweet this season is. So often I feel like I am in a waiting room. But I am not. My life has started. This is part of my love story with my creator! Sure, I really want to be married. I want to have kids. That is a desire of my heart. BUT... there are perks to being single. I don't need to check with a husband before going out for coffee with some girls at night. I don't have to worry about childcare before going to a movie. I am able to plan GIRLS BEACH TRIP OH EIGHT for this summer! This season is a joy! I am able to spend time with Alathea and Abby, and look for ways to serve Jeanie with them. I will be able to spoil Baby Malament, and overwhelm him with kisses. And this is the blessing the Lord has given me!


Wow... that all just spilled out.


onto other news, on Sunday I heard quacking outside the living room window. It sounded like a duckling. Emily and I looked out on the deck, and saw the quacking was coming from...
a squirrel. He was either looking for laaaadies or had rabies. Not sure which, so I locked the door and put animal control on speed dial.
AI time.
All I have to say about last night is
Crap.
Jason was horrible. He sounded bad on his first choice (I Shot the Sheriff) and forgot the words on his 2nd song (Mr. Tambourine Man) which he sounded good in. Simon told him to pack his bags.
My temptation is to vote for him millions of times to try to save him, but I know that isn't fair for the people who actually did well.
But I had to vote for him once. I would feel like a traitor if I didn't.
I also voted for David Cooke. I don't love him nearly as much, but I thought he did well, and I would rather have him than Archuletta. Like Dawn said, anyone but David A. (i think he is too young to win. I don't know if he could handle the pressure...)
But i still love Jason. And I will buy his album
AND THEY ARE ALL COMING TO TOWN AUGUST 17th!!!
Tickets go on sale next week! Thank you US government for paying for me to go! Woo-hoo!

1 comment:

Robin said...

You go girl!!! Great post, and great heart attitude! Enjoy your season of life...it will be very precious to you in years to come! Take advantage of every opportunity that the Lord brings your way! Youa are a REAL BLESSING to many, many people! Love ya!