Friday, May 16, 2008

lipgloss and disapointment

I have the Today show on at work. I have been waiting for this morning for the whole week.
Why?
Because New Kids on the Block are preforming. OOOOH my GOOOOODNESSSSS.




So I just put on some lipgloss, fixed mahh haaaairs and got ready for the former loves of my life to appear on the screen.
In case you never got into NKOTB, they are Jonathan, Danny, Jordan, Joey and Donny (clockwise on the picture from the top left).
Mom once brought home a copy of People Magazine with them on the cover. That was the most awesome thing ever. I didn't care that everyone else had the dolls, pillowcases, lunchboxes, t-shirts, and... everything else. I had my magazine and that was all I needed.


moving on (if all of a sudden this post just... stops, that means the boys are on TV. I promise to come back and edit)

This week (and the one before) I have struggled with a disappointment. It was pretty big. And it hit pretty hard. The Lord has been showering me with grace, but it is still kicking my butt. (let's just say, i was reading Psalm 30:5 a LOT)
The struggle is how permanent this disappointment is. It is not something that is just temporarily being taken away from me, and might come back later. It's gone. Done. BUT God...
has been so kind to remind me that what he has for me is SO much sweeter. My plan for myself, no matter how incredible it looked, PALES in comparison to His plan for me.
And why look back and what I could have had, when instead I can look at what I do have... a perfect savior! And a creator who has something incredible for me already laid out.

Hebrews 4
Since then we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.


Amen!
And now sweet distractions are pouring in! Na is next week (YAAAAY!!!!!) babies are being born left and right, and friends visiting!
Thank you Lord, for your sweet care and love for your children! Thank you for not letting us go down our own paths, but for putting up roadblocks and directing us back to your plan! More than that, thank you for the gospel!

Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. 3 More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, 4 and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.
For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. For one will scarcely die for a righteous person—though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die— but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God. For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, now that we are reconciled, shall we be saved by his life. More than that, we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation.


PS- the boys just preformed. It was hilarious and awesome and horrible and fantastic... all at the same time. The weirdest part is that one of them has horrible stage fright. He has panic attacks and pretty much became a recluse once their fame had ended. (i know this because he talked about it on Oprah once. I kid you not. I learn a lot from Oprah) Anyway, you could tell he was getting special treatment... not being interviewed, standing in the back... stuff like that. But it was still great. And I still knew every word to every song! Woo-hoo!




No comments: