Tuesday, July 1, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHAYNAH!!!!



It is my besties b-day!
Happy 26th Shay!
Here are some stories about Shaynah...
When I turned 25, I had a really hard time with it. it caught me off guard how old it felt (i know, i know) Shay gave me a hard time about it and said "Whatever. it's just a number. Get over it" Cut to 10 months later, when Shay turned 25. She was a MESS. She was worse than I was. So being the sweet, sympathetic friend that I am, I told her "Whatever. it's just a number..." "i deserve that" she replied
This is from last year (my b-day!) we went to Wilmington for Shay to compete in an open water swim in the Ocean. It was the best b-day trip ever! She beat Ben and Tim by 15 & 20 minutes!

Shay and I have a joke about 10pm on Friday night. That is when she is so overwhelmingly tired from the week, that she just gets super mean and cranky

This picture is one of my all time faves of my friends. Michael took it and got us all in it. Shay makes me laugh the hardest in it.


We have this fantastic habit of laughing so hard we both fall on the floor. Doesn't matter where we are. Doesn't matter who is around. Tim Rhue once became very concerned when she and I fell off the couch onto the floor laughing about something. He didn't know what was going on, or why everyone else was ignoring us.

It has happened in public places... like this picture. I took it in a hat shop in San Diego. Moments later I was sitting on the floor snorting with laughter. At least we find ourselves funny.

This might be my favorite Shaynah picture of all time. Brilliant. Moments like this, we answer the question "why are we still single?"

Happy Birthday to my sweet friend! I am so thankful the Lord put you in my life!

2 comments:

Bethany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bethany said...

Yay!!! Happy Birthday Shaynah!!!!

I'm so grateful God has given you two such an awesome friendship! Of course, I'm sad that Shaynah and I have never lived in the same place at the same time...

I CAN'T WAIT to spend the weekend with you all in September!!