Monday, August 25, 2008

47-3


that is all i really have to say about that. 47-3.
The Panthers destroyed Washington.




I am so bummed the Olympics are over! I was allowed to have them on at work all morning, which was so awesome!

But one of the MOST exciting things about the Olympics was the closing ceremonies.

And that was for ONE reason...


JIMMY PAGE!


He wasn't as awesome as he could have been, but to be honest, the man could walk out holding a cardboard guitar with rubber bands for strings and I would be thrilled. He could have showed up and sneezed and it would have made me happy. I love Jimmy Page.


Years and years ago 2 of my friends from the Apex church told me they found a picture that looked JUST like me. They went on and on about this picture.
So finally at Celebration we were walking around and had this conversation
Philip: Really Kendra, it looks just like you.
Me: Where did you see it?
Matt: In a guitar magazine
*they both laugh*
me: ok, what is the deal with this picture? Is she super ugly? Is she really gross looking?
Matt: No, not at all
me: what is wrong with her then? Why is this picture so funny?
Philip: Actually, it isn't a girl. Actually, it is Jimmy Page.
me: WHAT? You think I look like JIMMY PAGE???
Matt: No! no no. Jimmy Page looks like YOU!


So to this day, my doppelganger has a special place in my heart.
I love Led Zeppelin. A lot.
But to be honest, I am not thrilled at the idea of looking like one of the most talented guitarist in the world. Sorry Jimmy.

3 comments:

Campbell said...

don't worry. You hair is way hotter than his.

oh, and OMG GO BLACKANDBLUE! yeah...saw that game too.

The Nilsen Nest said...

Not seeing the resemblance at all.

Bethany said...

hahahaha...so, yeah, I have to admit...that conversation was the first thing that came to my mind when they announced Jimmy Page.

oh, man. I miss Celebration.