Friday, August 1, 2008

pick up lines

These are awesome. the ones in bold are my faves. The Ruth ones are incredible.

"for you i would slay two Goliaths"
"i didnt believe in predestination until tonight."
"i believe one of my ribs belongs to you."
"i can be your Boaz."
"is this the transfiguration.. because you are glowing"
"hey.. i would work 7 years for your sister.. but i would work 7 more years for you."
"bible-gateway happens to be my homepage."
" im one of the fortunate ones..greek and hebrew come pretty easily to me."
"did i just have mud rubbed in my eyes?"
"is that a thinline, duo-tone, compact, ESV Travel Bible in your pocket"
"bathsheba had nothing on you"
"your hair is like a flock of goats descending from Gilead"
"so, can i clothe you in righteousness?"
"how many times do I have to walk around you to make you fall for me?"
"so, my parents are home, you wanna come over?"
"feel free to meet me at the threshing floor."
"you can lie at my feet..."
"you can come crash at mine tonight. i have a separate room prepared."
"im interested in full time ministry, and not only that... i also play the guitar."
"i sit with my mum at church"
"not a big fan of your last name, but thats cool, i can change that."
"it would be my honor to present you spotless on the last day."
" Me. You. Song of Songs: the remix."

"you make the Queen of Sheba look like a hobo."
"you float my ark."
"i will never give you reason to hammer a tent peg through my skull."
"if you were a leper, i would still hold your hand.. even if it wasnt attached."

3 comments:

Hilary Ann said...

so the last one is without a doubt my favorite . . . but i'm also partial to this one:
"not a big fan of your last name, but thats cool, i can change that." Greg used that one on me . . . Baumgartner to Ross . . . i think he was right=)

Charlotte said...

LOL kennikenken

i hurt my rib at the freshman retreat but when i read the first ruth one "I can be your Boaz" .. i think i actually cracked it. :P

The Blackburn Crew said...

hehe....I saw a license plate the other day that said W8N4BOAZ, It cracked me up