Monday, September 22, 2008

ocho nueve

1) in caregroup we are reading excerpts from "A Quest for More" by Paul Tripp. This week we read the chapter The Costume Kingdom. I would encourage EVERYONE to read it.
At one point Tripp says "The Psalms welcome us to a faith where God's agenda is more important then ours and where we are asked to live out our faith in the context of a disastrously broken world. But this is also precisely where we experience the highest personal joys, as we put our hope in the covenant love of the Lord and make the pursuit of his glory the goal of our lives."

he then quotes Psalm 115:

Not to us Lord, not to us
but to your name be the glory
because of your love and faithfulness

So good.

2) the Jonas Brothers have the cutest song out now. It is called Love Bug and is incredibly cheesy. BUT, there is a line that leapt out at me...
"You're beautiful but you don't even try
Modesty is just so hard to find "

(this video is from the MTV Video Music Awards)











I heard their dad (a former pastor) in an interview. They asked him if he had ever dreamed his boys to be rock stars. He said "we aren't raising musicians. That isn't our goal. We are raising husbands and fathers"



3)Office starts back up this week. HUZZAH.



4) Steve Smith is BAAAACK



now THAT is a face that says "I am sorry i punched a team mate and I promise to control my temper and have a good attitude and be a team player and take us to the Super Bowl"-


let's just talk about the 1st half of the game. I would like to pretend that the rest didn't happen. Can we do that? No? I do have to say that Smitty was awesome. Before the game he said that he wasn't going to run in and start off with a big ol' play now that he is back. Um... the picture below is from the first MINUTE of the game. Boy has got some MAD ups. (he can jump high...)



This picture is RIGHT after the corner blitz that was the turning point in the game, and where everything rapidly went downhill. Poor Shake-n-Bake-Jake.


I don't want to talk about the rest of the game. I really don't.

anyway... whatever.



After last night's caregroup, this song was fresh on my mind, so I will end with it.



In case I haven't told you all in a while, i love each one of you, my dear friends.





Thy way, not mine, O Lord
However dark it be
Lead me by Thine own hand
Choose out the path for me, for me
Smooth let it be or rough
It will still be the best
Winding or straight, it leads
Right onward to Thy rest
I dare not choose my lot
I would not, if I might
Choose Thou for me, my God
So I can walk aright
Take Thou my cup, and it
With joy or sorrow fill
As best to Thee may seem
Choose Thou my good and ill
Not mine, not mine the choice
In all things great or small
Be Thou my guide, my strength
My wisdom and my all, my wisdom and my all

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is nothing I would rather read than this blog. Except for the Bible.