Wednesday, September 10, 2008

of all the days


today was NOT the day to leave my camera at home.
no sir.
or ma'am.
today the Telly awards came in

the Tellys are like the Emmys, but not for actors and directors. They are for editors, audio guys, and the people who do all the hard work. Our group won a bunch of them this year. I have seen them on shelves here, but never really held one
FACT: i have always wanted some kind of award in my house, are really prestigious one that I can have friends take pictures with, pretending to give their acceptance speech. I thought that would be so fun.
ANYWAY
I called one of our editors to let him know his Telly had arrived. He could care less. He already has 10.
I decided his Telly needed some love. Since Dan was going to ignore it, i took it out of the box and gave an acceptance speech to a co-worker. i played with it for a while, she took a picture with her phone... it was the most fun
Then Dan walked in.
Thankfully, he finds me delightful, so he laughed.
----
To this day, my favorite hymn is "Come Thou Fount"
my favorite version is Sufjan Stevens
(the quality isn't the best.)

a while back i was curious on what a "fetter" was...

1 : a chain or shackle for the feet
2 : something that confines : restraint

"Let thy goodness, like a fetter, bind my wandering heart to thee"

Praise Him!


1 comment:

Anne said...

Why, yes, it is. I shall present it to you on Sunday.