Monday, October 27, 2008

psalm 46

Tuesday morning my step-dad Bobby will be going to the hospital. The doctors are trying to identify a mass in his intestines. It is one of many options, including everything from scar tissue to cancer.
We have been waiting for a week.
Anyone who has had to wait for health news, you have my sympathy and respect. It is hell. This week has been the longest, most confusing, emotionally draining week of my entire life. I prayed and prayed for Tuesday to hurry up. Now that it is here, I am terrified and wish it were Saturday again. I don't remember many conversations, details or even events of last week. Except for her.
But we serve a creator that is so powerful, he causes earthquakes, created each human life, and loves us all dearly. This didn't surprise him. It didn't slip between his fingers. And he is good.
Please pray for us tomorrow. Pray for grace for mom as she sits in the hospital, pray for strength for dad. Pray for fear to flee our hearts. pray for patience for me as i wait at work by the phone. pray for wisdom for the doctors. and pray that it ends up being best case scenario.


I know that no matter what, God is good. And our greatest need has been met!
Oh, and I get to see Kate tomorrow

Thank you!



Psalm 46
God is our refuge and strength,
a very present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way,
though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea,
though its waters roar and foam,
though the mountains tremble at its swelling. Selah

There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,
the holy habitation of the Most High.
God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved;
God will help her when morning dawns.
The nations rage, the kingdoms totter;
he utters his voice, the earth melts.
The Lord of hosts is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress. Selah

Come, behold the works of the Lord,
how he has brought desolations on the earth.
He makes wars cease to the end of the earth;
he breaks the bow and shatters the spear;
he burns the chariots with fire.
“Be still, and know that I am God.
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth!”
The Lord of hosts is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress. Selah

1 comment:

Campbell said...

Ps.91:2
I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God in whom I trust."

I love you. you're in my prayers.

Em