Monday, October 20, 2008

"Sweet Lord, be thou for ever eye, and soul, and head for us, and let us be content to know only what Thou choosest to reveal." - Spurgeon
Um... yes PLEASE!
I was asking God "why?" about something today.
Then I read that. So I took back my question.

anyway the weather has become amazing in Charlotte. Nice and cool, clear blue skies, leaves changing color... makes me want to put on a scarf and walk around with a soy latte, find a nice park and read. You know that feeling? But then you walk around getting overheated, because it really isn't cold enough for a scarf, and so you start to sweat a bit, and your latte it too hot to drink, and it is too windy to read, all the pages start blowing around...so you are pretty much miserable trying to make a lovely moment. That ALWAYS happens to me.
*sigh*
But the Panthers won! YEEAH! yesterday actually was quite lovely. We grilled brats, watched the game and dozed on the couch. And I didn't even wear a scarf or have a latte.


one of the few moments in the game when John Fox was NOT yelling at an ref..
looks like he is calling everyone in for a group hug


and here he and Pep are doing a little line dancing...
after a glorious and somewhat impossible looking touchdown. YEAH SMITTY!
"golly jeepers!"... that is what he was really saying. I promise
in this one, Jake is leading the group in a medley of High School Musical songs...
He always INSISTS on being Zac Efron, though Jeremy Bridges does a better job with the harmonizing

this is the most majestic picture my wee ojos have ever laid upon

it looks like it should be a movie poster


"...one man
...leading one team
...to victory
...and then punching a teammate's face..."

the Steve-ON Smith Story (seriously... that is how his name is really pronounced. I would go by Steve too...)

It was a happy Sunday.

1 comment:

Anne said...

I laughed at this post. Yes, I did. I don't like football even a tiny. But I liked your pictures and the commentary.