Saturday, February 7, 2009

happy birthday sweets!


I can't believe my sweet cookie monster "niece" is a year old today! I love this kid so much! Her big sister's b-day is later this week, but today was their shared party.
Abi always makes me smile. I watched her at my house last week, and she was super clingy. Can't lie, i loved it. Having her follow me around, only wanting aunt kenni to hold her, made my heart burst. I adore this girl so much... she and her sister will always have a chunk of my heart.
I am so thrilled and humbled that all these mom's have welcomed me into their kids lives! There was a moment at the party where i looked around and saw all my "nieces and nephews" and started to grin. I love these kids SO MUCH! Walking in and  getting hugs, having babies handed to me, even being invited to the party... BLISS! I love these kids so much, and I am so honored to be able to watch them grow up! I get to see theses amazing women raise them, learn from their example, and try to serve them. But honestly, it is more selfish reasons that i want to help out. Ladies, you are all such dear dear friends to me. Thank you for letting me part of your kids lives! It is a honor and joy! I can't wait to see what amazing men and women in the Lord they grow up to be. Well, i can wait. I love them at this age.

abi and her cake
yay's sharing... was after she decided that abi wanted to eat it from her forehead. she bonked her a few times
almost 3! Big girl! and still refusing to smile for me. thats m'girl
the aftermath.

2 comments:

The Blackburn Crew said...

Thanks for being willing to hold our babies, and by the kids super cute clothes! I know my kids love their Aunt Kenni!

Julie said...

Yes, my girls adore you. Abigail always, Alathea when she's in the mood. But deep down she always does :) THANKS for loving them and being so involved in their lives (and mine too). It means a TON! And like Eileen said, I appreciate their super cute clothes too :) And how you serve me...like watching them all them time. You are the best!! We love you!