Tuesday, February 10, 2009

yayers!

the adorable fire ball turned 3 today!

i watch the lechner girls every other wednesday. Once when i put alathea to bed, i told her the story of when jeanie told me she was pregnant up to when alathea was born. I thought it would be a one time deal, but now she insists i tell her every time!
It involves when jeanie called to tell me she was preggers (which was SO exciting... i used to threaten to hide jeanie's birth control pills... i actually did a couple of times, but in super easy spots. I don't tell alathea that), when i insisted it was a girl, but the doctor and joe's mom said it was a boy (she loves that part of the story), when jeanie called me to tell me that i had been right all along (she loves that part too... as do i. i like to remind jeanie of it), how jeanie's tummy got bigger, and the day i first saw that pretty baby girl. That is my favorite part of the story for 2 reasons. First, it was an incredible day. I remember it so vividly. the moment i first looked at her, and my heart was completely smitten. She smiled, which joe insisted was gas, but i knew what was really going on. i had often prayed over jeanie's belly that i would be alathea's favorite, which is hilarious in hindsight, seeing how fickle she is. but the second reason it is my favorite part is because of the first time i told her the story. she was in bed and i was kneeling next to it and told her that as soon as i looked at her, i knew she would be my special girl. She reached up and put her hand on my cheek and said "Kemri is yay-yay's spechaahh girl too"

i melted into a puddle on the floor.

So happy birthday crazy monkey girl. I am SO glad you are in my life!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

awwww, what a sweet moment, those times a gifts from God :)