Wednesday, March 4, 2009

so... after working Saturday 12-10 pm, Sunday 12-7pm, Mon 4-10pm, tues 4-10 and tonight 4-10... what does the glamorous life of a 20-something single girl look like?

i walk in the door, throw on Comfy Pants, slippers and try to settle down before bed. can you spot the differences between the picture above and the picture below?


1) the picture above i had just woken up, was wrapped in a blanket and blinked when the picture actually took. 
2) on the 2nd one I have on make up, this was taken 2 days later and 2 new zits had formed (i already had a glorious one on my chin that i had named Connie) also, i have make-up on in the bottom picture to be "camera ready" as they say... and my contacts were so dry, i was afraid they would shatter if i blinked.

thankfully there are  only 3 more nights of this (HAH... only) and then it is DONE. .
The perk has been that I can spend time with some people during the day. We were able to have people over on SnowDay, I hung out with Shaynah yesterday and today i got Target time with Anne and Kate.

Wow. I just re-looked at the pictures... and let me say... there is some lucky fella out there who gets to wake up to THAT every morning. Get in line boys.
The sad thing is, I am pretty sure the first one would be my sleeping face. Not just my sleeping face, but my prettiest sleeping face. I am sure Shaynah and Anne, and anyone else who has seen me nap can confirm that. Once years ago Anne and I had a sleepover and tired to tell each other if they had an ugly sleeping face. I think we discovered I did.  Very much so.

ANYWAY... i am incredibly grateful for my job. Just ready for it to go to normal working hours.

3 comments:

Anne said...

I laughed quite a lot at the memory of us checking out each other's sleeping faces:) I think we also tried to see if we snored.....

Kate and I adored our time at Target with you yesterday. Kate can't stop talking about it, for real, she can't. That's how much she loves you.

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you know that I am incredibly grateful for your Christ-like example and the way you seek to serve and honor God with your life. I love your blog, and am encouraged to see another single lady seeking to honor their Savior - at work, or with friends (Anne, Jeanie, Shaynah), or with the children of friends (Kate, Alathea, Abigail...it seems you have quite a fan base!) And the the thing that gives me greatest joy is knowing that not just I see what you are up to, but God sees and is pleased. I felt like God wanted me to share that with you (and I have faith that He is preparing someone who will DELIGHT at the opportunity to see that sleepy face every morning : )

Anne said...

excuse me, I would like another entertaining post please