Saturday, June 27, 2009

so many things...

1) i was sick earlier this week and lost my voice. but i am better now. calm down.

2) i was heart broken over MJ's death. I was a big fan of his music and saweeet dance moves!!! I was even more sadened by ome of the things people have been saying about him lately. God created him, loved him, gave him incredible talent. Yes, he was a sinner. But so am I! In fact, i am the chief sinner. The saddest part is his separation from the King. a friend-of-a-friend said it beautifully "I think putting people in a box defined by their sin is anti-Christ. During life. Or after. When I die apart from Gods grace, I will die as Andrew. The self righteous film guy who talked about himself way too much."



3) A few weeks ago Jeanie got me an AMAZING gift that i finally broke out...


a sno-cone machine with cups, flavors and spoon straws!!!! today i had a wild cherry pepsi sno-cone. Perfect after an afternoon at the pool watching creepy guys show off their skills on the diving board...

4) about a year and a half ago my friend Carter started working on a film project. He took some friends out to LA to skid row
Skid row is the most dangerous area if the city. Carter had a burden for those people (all homeless) to hear the gospel. So and and his crew made sandwiches every morning, bought bottles of water and headed out. Everyone worked in different ministries all over the US, a lot of them skater-focused.
Here is a clip from the most recent installment. If you are like me, you don't watch videos on people's blogs. But please PLEASE find a few minutes in your day to watch this. It is intense. These are people who live on the streets and you hear about their problems. But Carter and his crew had been loving and faithful to them. They trust them, and through that are coming to know the one that died for them! Please pray for the Enoch crew and they continue with this project!

 

No comments: