Friday, November 13, 2009

before i start, random facts (i just thought of this b/c i am about to go to bed)
1) i can't sleep unless i put on chapstick. no kidding
2) after a long week sometimes, as a treat, i sleep on the futon in the living room. I sleep like a rock out there, and can sleep late. I am totally doing that tonight. Just because.

moving on

so this has been an eventful few weeks
mainly b/c i had a secret. and i had to keep this secret from my best friend. and i even had to lie to her once or twice. more of a fib.
and i had to sit on pins and needles all day on saturday... bouncing in on my couch, trying to distract myself by watching mildly scary movies with friends, jumping out of my skin every time the phone rang...
the whole time waiting for this call from Chapel Hill...


yup. my bestie is getting married! (she is checkin' out her ring and telling me about it, just minutes after it happened. there was an applause from a passing crowd. fun story)
we are now in the whirlwind of wedding planning. and it has been a blast. we both new this day would come (part of the BFF right of passage) but it has been a bit surreal. In a happy way.

anyway, last night i hung out with my other favorite girl...

kate was being the most adorable. a habit of hers. we played all of our favorite games, such as "look at GloryMagicFace and laugh" and "bang on the coffee table" and my personal favorite "walk 3 steps and then grab kenni's legs and laugh"

this picture was when she got distracted by "Say Yes to the Dress". Who can blame her? That show is pure magic. she was saying "hot daaaaayyng aunt kenni. That guurl is straight up crazy. You know das right."

lastly, David Crowder did a re-make of this song. I love the original (a friend of a friend wrote it.) but hearing it become more popular warms my hear too


He is jealous for me, 
Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree, 
Bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy. 
When all of a sudden, 
I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory, 
And I realise just how beautiful You are, 
And how great Your affections are for me. 

And oh, how He loves us so, 
Oh how He loves us, 
How He loves us all 

Yeah, He loves us, 
Oh! how He loves us, 
Oh! how He loves us, 
Oh! how He loves. 


We are His portion and He is our prize, 
Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes, 
If grace is an ocean, we’re all sinking. 
And Heaven meets earth like an unforseen kiss, 
And my heart turns violently inside of my chest, 
I don’t have time to maintain these regrets, 
When I think about, the way…


No comments: