Saturday, January 16, 2010

workin' hard for my money

I am super blessed to like most of the people i work with. honestly, some of my dearest friends are people i get to see everyday. so, take a walk with me... you might want to put on some shoes. because we have to walk all the way to Indianland, SC. Walk with me and meet my "work" friends.

First of all, this is Ashley. Ashley is one of the few who has crossed over and hung out with my "other" friends, or "real" friends as I mistakenly called them one day at lunch. That didn't go over well. Ashley has come over to the house, visited CrossWay... and in case you can't figure out who she is, i am helpfully pointing to her in this picture.


This is Christen. She is preggers with her first baby, a little girl named Finley. Christen works in my department with me and we pretty much wouldn't survive in there without eachother. People often mistaken us as sisters. And i don't mind one bit. She is pretty much the awesomest



Bekah is the reason i survive day to day. she works in our cafe, and provides me with the coffee that is now a necessity. I have a "usual" and she makes the prettiest "foam art" with my latte foam.

this is what my 15-min break run to the cafe looks like


these are the boys. On this specific day, they were talking while one was washing dishes. and they all matched. Even to the scarves. that happens more frequently then i think they would like to admit

Here is Christen again, showing off Finn


now starts one of the most magical portions of this post. not THE most magical... but pretty close. Every year the boys have "mustache Monday". It is like Christmas. Words cannot express the joy that fills my heart each Mustache Monday.

This is Neal. That is a fake 'stache because he can't grow one.


Joe-ski, and his uber creepy stache



David, and his "i drive a camaro... and listen to AC/DC" stache


and Blake, with his "working at the local paper, having drinks for happy hour in 1984" stache


Ok, i hinted to it just moments before, but now we are at the most magical part of this post. You might want to take a moment to catch your breath... b/c you might lose it once you scroll down further...




are you bracing yourself?





a brief introduction: My friend Blake (the 1984 stache guy) found an incredible iphone app, which he kindly bought before i had my phone, so i could experience the sheer joy and glory of it. This is a picture he took of me when he informed me he was downloading the app

He took the first picture with his phone. Once i got an iphone, he made me return the favor.




Ladies and gentlemen, i present...




YOUnicorn










are you ok? are you still breathing? Can you even read this through the tears in your eyes? Tears of joy and majesty?

The first one was obviously me. It was a miracle that i was even able to keep such a noble and pensive face for the picture. I was instructed that a Unicorn would not be jumping up and down, grinning and clapping and in hysterics. That a unicorn would be peaceful and calm and noble. So that is what i tried to show. I think i was sucessful.
The 2nd is my friend Emily. Her face showed some excited hysteria.
And lastly, i had my oppritunity to return the favor to Blake. He still had his mustache from the day before, and exemplified the noble, peaceful spirit of a unicorn. you can even see the glory glow where the other unicorn is touching his face


last, but not at all least, this is a picture from chapel. right before it starts. you can see the stage, people mingeling, and one of the boys already about to fall asleep



there you go. please leave your guest ID with the receptionist. She will be happy to direct you to the exit, where the security guards at the main gate can point you to 485.

2 comments:

Anne said...

I laughed lots when reading this post. Also it made me want to come to your work.

Your noble and pensive face if more majestic then I can describe

lucy kate said...

WOWWWZERRRZZ the younicorn thing. omggosssh. can you do one with just a picture of someone, or do you have to take a picture on your phone and then do it?!