this is a working list. some of them are accomplishments, some are habits, some are dumb.
We can check back after Sept 5 2011 to see how i did.
i will add to it as time goes on. here is what i have to start with
1) try to like apple pie. I don't like it. I only like 1 version of it. I want to be a true America
2) own every Ryan Adams album on vinyl. (i own 4. I "only" need 7 more)
3) own half of Bob Dylan's albums on vinyl (i have 2. he has made 34. I will nix the Christmas album. That's right. he made a Christmas album.)
4) go to the gym at least 5 times a week. I was steadily going 4 times a week, then got sick. I haven't gone in about a week and a half
5) read Mornings and Evenings 5 times a week (the other days i can read one or the other)
6) make myself coffee every morning instead of going to the cafe at work
8) watch more documentaries
9) get involved with a humanitarian organization (does buying Toms count? because i did that. http://www.toms.com/our-movement/)
11) consistently take off nail polish when it starts chipping, so it stops looking like this
12. keep the inside of my car clean
13. read more. Lots more
14. write thank you notes and send bday cards
15. write more handwritten notes period
16. cook more. a lot more.
17. take a trip to CA and visit everyone i know and love.
18. go to bed BEFORE midnight on week nights
19. not buy anything new unless i am willing to give away something old
20. pray more. a lot more.
21. make a list of specific people/things to pray about each week. and be faithful to it
22. Make Saturday "phone date day" call out of town friends. Stop relying on text and facebook and blogs
24. build up my savings account
25. see another favorite/legend in concert (Happening August 2nd! Going to see Dolly!)
26. visit a new city
27. call parents on a weekly basis
28. see at least 4 Woody Allen movies that i haven't seen yet
29. buy a bike and ride it whenever possible
30. do my makeup at home, and not in the car