Monday, April 4, 2011

big or low key

so, as you probably know, i am turning 30 25 this September.
normally Kristie, Shaynah, Bethany and i would go down to Charleston for Labor Day weekend (my bday)
but this year, since i know we are all in busy seasons and tight on cash, i suggested we skip it and save up to do something AWESOME next year. Shay started talking about how now we can have a big 30th 27th bday party for me here with all my friends. That sounded perfect
UNTIL Saturday when i was watching Kim and Kourtney Take New York a documentary about young women trying to make it in a city by starting their own company. In this program, one of the ladies was turning 30. It was decided that she would spend the b-day in Las Vegas with her friends.
.

I immedtialy text Shaynah, who was on her anniversary trip with Michael in NY (whoops)... and said "Kim Kardashian went to Las Vegas for her 30th. Just saying."
so now my mind is reeling. the thing about Vegas...is that it is Vegas. I don't know if i want to be "that girl"... but it can be really fun. And CHEAP. But there are other possibilities
The thing is, I am focusing on CHEAP. I am focusing on fun that can be had with little money.
SO, if you have any suggestions for cheap, fun trips where someone turning 30 23 can get in minimal trouble, but still have fun (do not suggest a hiking trip to the mountains. That isn't what we are going for here) let me know. Throw out any ideas, websites with fun suggestions, the name of your cousins wife's brother who knows a guy that can get us a cheap rate... anything you got. Give it to me

4 comments:

Charis Hil said...

I've never tried it on myself, but one of the techniques used to get the 'fading, or melting look is to back comb/tease the ends of your hair.. then paint the bleach from that part down... then place in a foil.

If you try it id love to see pics!

Shaynah Jerrell said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kendra said...

Hah, she isn't. She is answering my question!

stacie and geoffrey... said...

Ok-- Stay at the Venetian, eat at lavo, see a show, eat at bouchon, go to the Venetians Day spa, and shop everywhere!!

Have fun and happy birthday!! :)