Tuesday, April 26, 2011

could'a would'a

dear future children (older kids... not babies...),
today i think we would've played hookie. I would have let you sleep in (mainly so i could sleep in a smidge). Then I would have made you pancakes. I would have played some Bob Dylan because I am going to force you to love him. Then we would lazily get dressed and go to Freedom Park with our dogs Atticus and Morrissey. I think we would play there for a while. I would probably even bring croquet in case you got bored climbing on the awesome train. We would picnic (there would totally be juice boxes), and then come home. You would skateboard in the neighborhood as i clean, and then i would read to you. lots of great books. then we would get frozen yogurt. It would have been awesome.
PS- this is your father


(**edit**... here are a few more "baby daddy" pictures. you know... for the kids. so they can see him.)
Oh, Ryan darling.
hnnnggg.

Instead, i am at work, gazing out the window, listening to the beachboys, wishing it was the weekend already. But i know that it's going to be awesome when we do play hookie. Just you wait and see.
I am quite excited because my friend Hannah from Raleigh is coming to visit! I am going to show her all the excitement of Charlotte, the delicious food and awesome random shops (HOORAY HONG KONG VINTAGE!) and let her meet all of friends. i would like everyone to form a single file line on Sunday to meet her. even if you are from out of town. Thanks.
AND i took off Thursday and Friday to have a mini-spring break with Shaynah.

The Lord has been sweet and near this week. Easter is always a good "refresh" button for the heart. remembering that sin is crushed to death. that the grave has been defeated. all in the name of love! crazy good.
via: retrospect-introspect:

Also, as part of my 30 before 30, i have been reading a lot more. I am in the middle of Jane Eyre (reading and audiobook). My mom instilled a habit in me that i just can't shake. As a kid/teen, i wasn't allowed to see a movie until i read the book. the problem with that is, when i see a trailer, i don't have much time to get through the book. And then the movie is a huge letdown (except for Harry Potter, Pride and Prejudice, and No Country for Old Men). But i can't NOT do it. Good thing i am a fast reader.

Last night i finished reading Love is a Mixtape. Gracious me, that book is awesome. It is sad and lovely. I highly reccomend it if you are a music lover.
Basic plot: the author is a music writer, and he tells the love story between him and his wife, who is now dead. He tells how music brought them together, how important it was to their relationship, and how it continues to help him keep her memory alive. it is lovely. he also lists all of his mixtapes at the start of each chapter.
It made me decided to get back into the mix tape business. but i might start making them mp3 ones that can be downloaded instead of burning CDs. We shall see.

i love you all. for realsie. thanks for being rad.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're gonna be an awesome mom! "Cast not away your confidence because God defers his performances. That which does not come in your time, will be hastened in his time, which is always the more convenient season. God will work when he pleases, how he pleases, and by what means he pleases. He is not bound to keep our time, but he will perform his word, honour our faih, and reward them that diligently seek him" - M. Henry

Anonymous said...

And....your baby's daddy is fiiiinne!

Hannah E. Carson said...

I got mention on your blog! woot!

jenn said...

I'm sorry, I think you're slightly confused. That's my baby's daddy! haha :)