Friday, August 5, 2011

one month

I was just reminded reading Mindy's blog that I needed to check my 30 before 30 list. then i looked up at my Disney princess calendar and Jasmine was looking back at me, mocking me for the fact that officially, as of today, i only have one month left in my 20's. *&%**@# (yes... that was a bad word. not a specific one. more like all of them together)

I know that i am NO where near getting them all. But lets see where I am, shall we?


1) try to like apple pie.

-I like 2 specific recipes. So we will say that counts.

2) own every Ryan Adams album on vinyl.
-more than halfway there. But budget issues are preventing me for buying more. so unless my fair readers decided to buy me "Love is Hell", "Cold Roses", "Heatbreaker" (i think. I forgot if i have that one) and "Cardinalology"... i won't be hitting this one

3) own half of Bob Dylan's albums on vinyl
- same issue as #2. But I have about 6 now. that is big.

4) go to the gym at least 5 times a week.
-cancelling my current membership (prices are absurd) and going to switch to the Y. So nope.

5) read Mornings and Evenings 5 times a week (the other days i can read one or the other)

6) make myself coffee mostmorning's instead of going to the cafe at work

7) get a new hobby.
8) watch more documentaries I even own a few now

9) get involved with a humanitarian organization
-I think Tom's shoes and Invisible Children count!
10) finish writing my 30 before 30 list.
11) consistently take off nail polish when it starts chipping
12. keep the inside of my car clean
-whoops
13. read more. Lots more
I've read about 12 books in the past 3 months. HOORAY
14. write thank you notes and send bday cards
- whoops.
15. write more handwritten notes period

16. cook more.
17. take a trip to CA and visit everyone i know and love.
18. go to bed BEFORE midnight on week nights
- 11:58 counts.
19. not buy anything new unless i am willing to give away something old
20. pray more. a lot more. my morning drives have been awesome. So have my drives home. And my "lay awake" moments.

21. make a list of specific people/things to pray about each week. and be faithful to it
22. Make Saturday "phone date day" call out of town friends. Stop relying on text and facebook and blogs

23. Get excited about turning 30 instead of sad.
-i give this one a half-done. I am 90% excited.
24. build up my savings account
-whoops. But i have cut WAY down on spending

25. see another favorite/legend in concert
DOLLY PARTON AND BOB DYLAN WITHIN A YEAR!
26. visit a new city

27. call parents on a weekly basis
-whoops
28. see at least 4 Woody Allen movies that i haven't seen yet

29. buy a bike and ride it whenever possible
-budget issues again
30. do my makeup at home, and not in the car


21 out of 30 ain' too bad! the other 9... they will probably go on next years list too. But hey... i am pretty excited about this. Yay me!

No comments: