Thursday, September 22, 2011

blah blah blah pumpkin spice latte

the other day shaynah made a funny comment on fb making fun of everyone who goes nuts at the first signs of fall. I think it was something along the lines of "OMG SWEATERS OMG PUMPKIN SPICE LATTES OMG CARDIGANS" I laughed.
but, you have to admit, there is something about fall. you do get excited about the fall clothes, bringing out that old massive cozy sweater or scarves (i think i might purge my scarf collection... so i can buy more.)
anyway, since i don't really buy myself new clothes... like ever, i don't get as excited about the outfits part. I wear cardigan's year round, since i can't be flashin' too much shoulder in the work place. But i do want to step up my fall/winter fashion game. spring and summer is easy peasy for me. colorful? check. done.
today Ashley was telling me that she has been watching a lot of the Rachel Zoe project (so good) and wants to step up her game as well. That is easier for her. She has an incredible wardrobe. I wear the same 5 things. So i am forcing myself to get more creative. I do like the feeling when i put an outfit together in a new way. I look in the mirror and think "nailed it. yeah i did." Then i high five myself. then i do the shooting gun pointing thing. You know what i am talking about. then i stop.
So overall, I am going to try to put in more effort. That was one of my "I'm 30. Now what" resolutions. I started by wearing actual make-up most days. Not just hiding the dark circles. I'm talking eyeliner ya'll. yeah. And i have been fixing my hair regularly. Normally when my hair is this long, I just tie it in a knot every day. But i have behaved and only do that once a week or so. Or once I get home from work.
I am going to start trying with clothes too. With the help of pinterst (i have a 'style' board) and with the purchase of a couple of versatile items, as well as workin' with what i gotz, i'm hoping to step it up. We will see how this goes.
10.21.10c
source
10.25.10a
source
source

also, Alexa Chung for Madewell has lots of inspiration. And sadness. Since i can't afford anything there




 

1 comment:

THE CHEAP said...

HAHA. I am obsessed with pumpkin spice lattes.


xx THE CHEAP