Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas

Did you have a glorious Christmas? Even though I did not receive Mr. Gosling under my tree, it was wonderful!
here is a bit of what happened



This is the FedEx guy carrying a giant box in the rain. Inside the box was...




my bike! Today my step dad came over to put it together, and took it for a test spin and admitted that it was the prettiest bike ever!














Which brings us to a funny story. There are 2 things you should know 1) the bike is HUGE. Even with the seat at its lowest, i have to do a little hop when I start peddling to get on 2) I haven't ridden a bike in over 10 years. It's true that you never forget how to ride a bike, but you do lose your skill. I went on a nice ride through the neighborhood, smiling and ringing the bell at neighbors. I went down some side streets, then decided to head home, forgetting that they rid a pretty steep hill to get back on my street. I started up, then about 2/3s of the way up, realized I wasn't going to make it, so I braked and got ready to hop off to walk it up the rest of the way. Nope. As I leaned, I fell. Bam. Middle of the road. Thankfully no one was around. But I felt awesome! Looked like a star. I walked the bike back up the hill, hopped on and rode home, locked up the bike an then realized my keys must've fallen out. Walked back to find them in the middle of the rode where I fell. How cool am I? SO VERY!



















We celebrated Doerfmas, which is a special holiday for our friend Erin Doerflinger. Her bday is Christmas and tends to get neglected by us all. So we had a special party and got her a mixer!



















Had my annual Amelies day. I head over late morning, text a bunch of people, tweet about it, and set up camp. This year i had my friend Sarah and her 2 awesome boys, Jessica, and a surprise bump in with Jeanie! Another friend was supposed to show, but stood me up. And I will never forgive him. Jessica and I found some cheap record gems too at a thrift store across the street
























Christmas day was lovely and sweet. I'm not going to lie...I love presents. A lot of people say "it's more fun to give" and that's a load of crap. Giving is awesome. But getting presents is super awesome too! I got lots of awesome gifts. I was pretty spoiled! And I ended the night with an evening walk through my neighborhood. I was armed with a cup of hot chocolate, a cigar and some Christmas music. Let me tell you... No song has quite the power of "o holy night". Have you ever really listened? Jeeeeez. I listened to it on repeat as i walked around.
my favorite part is "long laid the world in sin and error pining, till He appeared and the spirit felt it's worth. a thrill of hope, a weary world rejoices, for yonder breaks a new and glorious morn. Fall on your knees and hear the angels voices"

a thrill of hope.  what an awesome line.
As I walked, i kept thinking of that line. a weary world rejoices. that is what it will be like for us when the King comes back. we will be weary. but the rejoicing will make it all worthwhile. Jesus Christ was born to die for me. I hope those words never lose their weight and power. and i hope heaven has glowstick parties...


No comments: