Thursday, December 8, 2011

winter bookworm

every year i take off a week or so for Christmas. This year its a week and a half. My favorite part about that time is reading...a lot.
So I started picking out what i am going to read



I started reading this book this week and LOVE it. I decided to pace myself leading up to Christmas break, so though this was a one-night read, I've taken it slow and only read for 2 nights so far...(if you know me at all, you know what an incredible feat and challenge this is.) This book is hilarious. I could see us being friends. (for those of you who don't know, she is one of the main writers on The Office, and also plays Kelly Kapoor on it. She wrote my all time favorite episode, The Injury, when Michael burns his foot on a George Foreman grill.)


My roommate suggested this book to me. I have no idea what it is about. But i am excited to read it.


this is by the same author that wrote Love is a Mixtape, which is an incredible book. I am hoping this one is also wonderful.


I am so stoked about this book. I actually suggested that the Charlotte Meck Library purchase it so i can borrow it. AND THEY DID! I feel like I have such power now. I wonder what else I can get them to do! So i am first on the list to check it out. Take that...everyone else.


I have no idea what this book is about, but the cover is awesome and someone suggested i read it. So I will.


I flipped through this one in a bookstore and decided I wanted to read it.

Annie Hall is one of my favorite movies. So is Family Stone. What do they have in common? This classy lady. I know that she writes about her relationship with Woody Allen, which I am quite curious about. So I can't wait to read this one


I have only heard good things about this one.

I have a few more I've been thinking about trying out, including a Woody Allen biography, a couple more novels that I haven't heard much about, but want to read anyway.
Again, I am trying to pace myself right now. I doubt that will last much longer. It's taken SO much self control to put the Mindy Kaling book down. But I think I am about to break down and devour a bunch by this weekend. At least I tried guys. I TRIED OK?

1 comment:

Thomas said...

I am just finishing the Steve Jobs biography by Walter Isaacson and recommend it. It gave me a much more personal view into the life of someone who has had such a tremendous impact on the technological revolution. Happy reading!