in 2010 i saw Bob Dylan. Holy crap was that a dream come true!in 2011 i saw Dolly Parton. I still get giddy when thinking about it.
normally i only think to look up tours of current bands that i am into: Bon Iver, Fleet Foxes, Ryan Adams...
but i am trying to look at people that i have loved for ages as well
Thankfully Ashley came to the rescue and saw that Bruce Springsteen would be playing nearby.
That would mean seeing 3 music legends in 3 years.
it got me thinking of other concerts that i want to see. bucket list concerts
1) Ryan Adams. Honestly, if i see him, i would probably be content with never seeing anyone else ever again. he has been my total and complete favorite for the past 6 years. And 3 times i have tried to see him, and 3 times i wasn't able to. Ryan isn't big on touring, and refuses to come back to his home state of NC. He is one that I am willing to travel far for. I tried to see him in VA, GA and MD. I would even be willing to plan a NYC trip around him. But one day, I will see him in concert. And I will probably cry a bit. (listen to the song that i linked.)
2) Madonna. I know this sounds silly, but I LOVE 80s Madonna. I don't like anything made in the past 15 years, but everything else is amazing. I still get goosebumps when the choir comes in during "Like a Prayer", even though she makes out with Black Jesus in the video
3) David Bowie. Never going to happen. But holy moly it would be amazing
4) Morrissey. Not happening again. But wow. He randomly will sing in little clubs in LA from time to time. never advertised. Just happens. How awesome would that be?
5) Nick Drake. But he is dead
6) Johnny Cash. Ditto
7) Rogue Wave. I've heard that they aren't amazing in concert. But man I would love to see them
8) Tallest Man on Earth. He is just touring in Europe right now. Ryan is the only one i travel for
9) Lyle Lovett. So awesome. I almost saw him in Charlotte a year ago, but I think i had to go to a wedding that night.
who would you see, if you could see anyone in concert. Who is on your concert bucket list dead or alive?