Friday, June 1, 2012

hots for valjean

i love Les Miserable. We've established that.
I can cry at every song.
And I am pee-my-pants excited about the movie.
I am ashamed to say how many times i watched the trailer when it came out
(more than once, less than twenty-five)


I love the cast. i love Anne Hathaway singing "I dreamed a dream". I think Russel Crowe will be an incredible Javert! And I think Hugh Jackman is a crazy good actor.

BUT
there is an issue.

Here is how I picture Jean ValJean (based on every performance I have ever seen)


Wise. Fatherly. Noble. He would protect me.

Not this


I don't think i am supposed to want to make out with Jean ValJean.
I mean, come on. Hugh Jackman? They even tried to uglify him. Not working


I am very tempted to email Victor Hugo (though he is dead) and say
"hey, i've got a great idea! Lets add a character to Les Mis. How about a sassy American, like...30 years old. And she marries Val Jean about the time Act 2 starts. And as Cozette is running around, falling in love...Mr and Mrs Val Jean make out a lot. Cool?"

AND... (wait for it)... lets name her Kendra.
Boom.
then Schonberg would have to write a bunch more songs of Hugh...er...Jean professing his love for his adorable American wife.
I smell more Tonys.

so...now i have a crush on Jean Val Jean.

also, i've watched this far more times than I would like to admit...today.

\
and i only watch it for the fact that it's Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber. that is all.

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh, I love les mis. I didn't know that they were making a new one. Thanks for posting this.
-Laurel

KB {Tragic and Lovely} said...

YES!!! I love Les Mis and am beyond excited about this movie. I agree with you about Valjean, but who could turn down Hugh Jackman? Did you ever see him in the London Revival of Oklahoma!? Amazing.