Monday, January 20, 2014

binge watching is the new black

Yikes guys.
binge watching
am i right?

if you don't know, binge watching is when you find a show in netflix and instead of watching one episode a week with a long break for summer and mid season finales... you watched ALL OF IT in an absurd amount of time.
It's the best/worst.
It's what has taken over my weekends. And sometimes weeknights. BUT, i don't feel the need ot be home on a Tuesday night to watch such-and-such show.

Anyway, it's something we all do. Right? RIGHT?
here are some of the show's i binged watched (including a major confession that I am mortified to admit)...as well as my ratings

Sherlock
Sherlock and John..

Guys, this was one that took me a while to jump on board with. I don't know why. But when I did, i fell in love. Not with Benedict. I don't get why women are madly in love with him. He looks like a praying mantis to me. But he is the best Sherlock I've seen...sorry RDJ.

There are only 3 episodes per season, which is a mean, cruel horrible trick. I'm thankful i binged on this one...so I didn't have to wait 2 years like all the other fans. Yikes. I give this one

Rating: 3.5 Diet Cokes. The only reason it doesn't get 4 is because it's only 9 episodes total. Rude


The Walking Dead:

New THE WALKING DEAD Poster

This show had NO appeal to me. I don't care about zombies. It sounded gross. But then, one day in December while home sick I thought "meh...why not. I'll try it out". Oh. My. Gosh. I became a freak. It was all I wanted to talk about. All I text my friends about. I was furious that they knew things that I didn't. I had to avoid all things TWD on the internet, and still accidentally found out a major spoiler about my favorite character. It's SO good. It's gross. Like, super gross. So many gross zombies. One particular made me almost gag (if you watch...the one in the well at Herschel's farm). But guys. Thankfully, I don't have to wait months and months like everyone else for Feb 9. Just a few weeks. And I'm ready. I am TOTALLY CAUGHT UP. Just so you know, they are halfway through season 4. And since the week before Christmas, I totally caught up. WHAT DOES THAT SAY???? It says that I can 100% survive a zombie apocalypse. I can get the walkers/biters, not prob. Looking around my house I can find 5 things that I could use as weapons. I reassured my roommates of this. I can protect us, fret not.

also, these are things I found that are only funny if you watch the show. I never got them until now. Now, they are my favorites
Norman Reedus - Daryl DixonStuff... Things... Rick lolRick Grimes....stuff and things

Where is Carl? #thewalkingdead

And he comes up with excellent baby names.

Rating: 3 Diet Cokes. The story line got a little absurd in season 4. and I'm still mad about them killing off a certain someone in the mid-season finale. But I do love it. Never mind. 4 Diet Cokes. Sorry guys, I was just bitter there for a second.

Luther:
Luther --- One of the best  damn television shows I've ever watched.  Period.

I just...i can't. I can't even begin to tell you. Guys...it's beyond. Sorry. Ok. So, Luther is another BBC show about a detective that doesn't play by the rules. If you imagine all of that being said in a rom-com voice-over voice, you'd hate it. But IT IS SO GOOD. Since again, the BBC is cruel, there are only 6 episodes in season 1 and 4 in season 2. RIGHT? Rude. I have like 1 episode left in Season 2. And I started last weekend. IT IS SO GOOD.
Here is a crazy thing about this show. If after episode 1 you made a love/hate list of characters, by the finale more than half of them would trade sides. It's bananas. I can't even describe it. There are characters you hate to love and ones you really don't want to hate.
I know you haven't even heard of this show most likely and don't care. BUT PLEASE TRUST ME ON IT. My friend Lindsay got me and Ashley hooked, I got my friend Kati hooked who is getting her husband hooked. IT IS SO GOOOOOOOD

and mainly...Idris Elba, which you REALLY don't understand until you watch. I was all "meh"...but then. Yikes


Rating: 4 Diet Cokes. It would get 5 (impossible score) but again, not enough episodes. It's mean and cruel and I hate/love the BBC.






and lastly...way down here...ugh. I hate myself for this. My guilty pleasure

Pretty Little Liars:Pretty Little Liars ...

i know I KNOW. I know I hate myself for this. I watched it on a whim. Actually, there is more to it than that. A certain friend who shall remain nameless and I were watching another absurd show. It finished. We decided we needed another. I suggested this one, just because i had heard it was crazy. She started first and text me "OH MY GOSH PLEASE CATCH UP". So I did. And I got 2 other people hooked.
Guys, it's Desperate Housewives meets Gossip Girl. IT IS SO GOOD. It's trash. It's stupid, but it's good.
Rating: 2.5 Diet Cokes. But really 3.5 Diet Cokes, i'm just too ashamed to admit it.


So there you go guys.
Happy Binge Watching.

1 comment:

Lola Baggen said...

Very true about Cumberbatch! ...I really don't understand the "He is such a handsome god" thing, but the series is great indeed. Fun post!!